Butter naan is a delicious Indian bread which is served as main. Traditionally naan is cooked in a tandoor, today I tried in a Pan and it came out very well.
Prep time: 1 hour 20 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
Serving: 2 Members
Maida/ all-purpose flour – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Warm water – ¼ cup
Active dry yeast – ¼ tsp
Warm milk – ¼ cup
Yogurt – 1 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
1. Take warm water in a bowl, add the dry yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve, let it sit for 10 minutes until the mixture froth and raise.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, salt and baking soda. When the yeast is foamy and smells like bread, add warm milk and yogurt with the yeast mixture.
3. Now add this yeast mixture in to the flour little by little and knead a dough. The dough should be sticky, but soft and should form a ball.
4. Cover the dough with damp towel or plastic wrap and let it be in a warm place for 1 hour. When ready to cook divide it in to 5 equal balls and roll it into whatever the shape you want.
5. Brush the naan with butter on both sides and place the naan on a hot pan or skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each sides.