We have tried many dishes in sweet potato, but this sweet potato soft ball taste is different and yummy too. Some kids may not like the boiled sweet potato, so try this and surprise your kids.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Boiled sweet potato – 1
Shallots – 5, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Egg – 1, whisked
Bread crumbs- ½ cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. In a wide bowl, mash the boiled sweet potato, add shallots, salt and pepper with it. Mix well and shape into small balls.
2. Dip these balls in a beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs until evenly coated.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Prepare the baking tray by placing silver foil and grease with oil or use cooking spray.
4. Arrange the balls on tray and bake over 10 mins. Flip over other side and bake for another 15 minutes.
5. Remove it from oven and your sweet potato soft balls are ready…
1. Instead of baking you can deep fry these balls.
2. In one large sweet potato, we can get 10 to 11 balls