Gulab jamun is a most popular dessert in India and Pakistan. From my childhood I always crave for Gulab jamun. Whenever my mom prepare gulab Jamun, I feel very happy and I am the first one to empty the bowl. Today is my life’s important day, my first Anniversary. New dress, cake cutting, Meeting friends, temple and how can I miss the sweet? J Gulab Jamun is a deep fried milk balls dipped in sugary syrup. The soft texture of jamun and the taste of sugar syrup is heavenly.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Gulab Jamun mix – 1 packet (I used MTR)
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 1 ½ cups
Cardamom pods – 2
1. In a pan, Mix water and sugar, Allow it to boil and gently stir occasionally. Add cardamom pods to water.
2. Make a thick sugar syrup and switch off the flame.
3. In a bowl, take gulab jamun mix, add water little by little and knead a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 mins.
4. Apply some oil on your palms, make small balls from the dough. There should be no cracks in balls, it should be smooth.
5. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying, when the oil is hot, lower the flame, add 3 to 4 balls and fry until it gets golden brown color.
6. Gulab jamuns should also not become browned soon, have to be cooked from inside.
7. Allow the jamuns to cool and add it to the hot sugar syrup. Jamun should be soaked atleast for 1 hour.
8. Now delicious jamuns are ready...