If you are looking for a buttery sweet try these tender butter cookies. It is perfect, delicious, easy to make and everybody loves them. It can be prepared using minimal ingredients. This simple and delicious butter cookies is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
In 1 homemade butter cookies, it contains about 43 calories. Approximately it has 1.94 g of fat,5.9 g of carbs, 0.49g of protein.
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – ½ cup
Nutmeg powder – ½ tsp
Butter – ½ cup
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Yogurt – 1 ½ tbsp
Milk – 2 tsp
1. In a mixing bowl, take 1 cup of wheat flour and ½ tsp of baking powder. Mix everything with a spatula.
2. Add ½ cup of chilled butter to it. With your fingertips break the butter and mix with the flour. Mix till you get a bread crumb like texture.
3. Add powdered sugar and nutmeg powder. Now add yogurt, milk and gather the entire mixture together to a dough. Don’t knead.
4. Cover the dough and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, remove the dough and slice them into cookies. Preheat the oven to 350F.
6. Place the cookies in a baking tray with an inch gap between them, sprinkle some sugar on the top. Bake it for 25 to 30 min till the cookies are light golden.
7. Once baked remove the cookies and place them on a wired rack so that they cool down. Delicious butter cookies are ready now.