Tandoori Gobi is an excellent starter, snack item or side dish. It plays a main role in starter column of menu in every Indian restaurants. It is very simple to prepare yet delicious. The color and crispiness will make everyone drool over and also healthy since it is oil free. Usually tandoori gobi is prepared by marinating in a yogurt based spice mixture and cooked in tandoor. Instead of using tandoor, I used oven to cook which is available in most of our home.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 45 mins
Cauliflower – 1 (small)
Thick yogurt – 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Kasoori methi – ½ tsp
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Salt – as needed
1. Clean and chop the cauliflower into large florets. Boil water with salt and switch off the gas and add the florets to the water. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the florets and keep aside. In a large mixing bowl add yogurt, all spices and salt. Add florets to them.
3. Mix well carefully to marinate all the florets without breaking it.
4. Refrigerate it for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400F.
5. In a grill rack, arrange the florets and bake it for about 30 minutes or till the florets are well cooked.
6. Remove from the rack and serve hot.