Pull apart samosa bread is a really delicious and filling starter. Soft bread with the combination of flavorful vegetable stuffing gives excellent taste. We can enjoy the taste of samosa without hesitation since it is oil free. This dish is very interesting and easy to prepare and the result looks so gorgeous and tasty. I tried this recipe from K o rasoi.com, slightly modified according to my taste.
Prep time: 1 hour 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 2 hours 15 mins
All-purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
Warm milk – ¼ cup
Salt to taste
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Active yeast – 4 tbsp
Warm water – as needed
Butter – 1 tbsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green chili – 1, finely chopped
Boiled potatoes – 2, mashed
Green peas – ¼ cup, boiled
Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder– 1 ½ tsp
Dry amchoor powder – ¼ tsp
Garam masala – ¾ tsp
Chat masala – to sprinkle
Salt to taste
Cilantro – For garnishing
To prepare stuffing:
1. Heat oil in a pan, Saute onion till it turns translucent and then add ginger garlic paste and green chilies and saute till the raw smell leaves.
2. Add Mashed potatoes and green peas, cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Now add all the spice powders and salt and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. At last sprinkle chat masala and garnish with cilantro.
5. Now the stuffing is ready.
To prepare Dough:
1. In a bowl, Take warm milk, salt, sugar and add yeast to it. Mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes till it turns frothy.
2. Now take all-purpose flour in a large mixing bowl, add the yeast activated warm milk to it and add enough amount of warm water, and knead a soft dough.
3. Cover it with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 1 hour or wait till it doubles the size
4. After that knead it again to push the air out.
5. Take half of the dough and roll it on a floured surface into a large round with medium sized thickness
6. Now grease the baking tray and preheat the oven to 350F.
7. Take a round shaped cookie cutter and cut as many rounds from the dough.
8. Take on small round of dough, place the stuffing in the center and fold the sides, bring into middle and seal it.
9. Place it on the corner of the baking dish and repeat the same for all rounds.
10. Arrange from the outer corner of the baking dish and finish it in the center without any space between them.
11. Now brush with butter at the top and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.
12. Delicious Pull apart samosa bread is ready.