Momo is one of the popular foods in Nepal. Momos are easy to cook and they are undoubtedly a low calorie snack. They can be either steamed or fried with a meat or vegetable filling. They are generally served with a red chili sauce. Today I am going to give you the recipe of steamed vegetable momos.
Prep time: 50 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 pods, finely chopped
Carrot – 2, finely chopped
Cabbage – 1 cup, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Pepper – ½ tsp
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
1. In a bowl mix all purpose flour, salt, oil. Add water in parts and knead a firm dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a skillet, Saute garlic for 1 min. Add onions and saute for 2-3 mins.
3. Add all the vegetables and fry them on high heat for 6 mins. Add salt, pepper and soy sauce to it, continue to fry on high heat till the vegetables are cooked.
4. The vegetable stuffing is ready. Let it cool for some time.
5. Dive the dough in to equal portions of balls. Roll it in to a small thin disc. Place the vegetable filling in the center.
6. Bring the sides of the disc together to the center, pinching firmly together to form a momo shape.
7. Steam it in a steamer for about 10 mins. Delicious vegetable momos are ready..