Today I am going to post the recipe of delicious carrot cake. Yesterday I and my husband celebrated our 1 year engagement anniversary and today my sister gave birth to a boy baby, as a double treat I baked this carrot cake and enjoyed each delicious piece. Carrot cake is very simple to prepare and also we can feed carrot to kids in an easy way. Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B8, potassium, iron, copper and manganese.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 40mins
Total time: 1 hour and 5 mins
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 1 cup + 5 tbsp
All purpose flour – 1 cup + 1 tbsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Butter/Ghee – ¼ cup
Oil – ¼ cup
Grated Carrots- 1 cup
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
Nutmeg powder – ½ tsp
Caramel syrup – 2 tbsp
Almonds and cashews – few, coarsely powdered
Butter – to grease
1. For preparing caramel syrup, Heat 5 tbsp of sugar. Once it turns brown and watery, remove from the gas and allow it to cool.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside. In another bowl beat the eggs well.
3. Add sugar to the beaten eggs and beat again. Add the four mix little by little to the egg, sugar mixture and keep on beating till the whole flour is added to the egg, sugar mixture.
4. Add oil, butter/ghee and give a good mix. Now slowly add the carrots, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix them well.
5. Add the coarsely powdered almonds and cashews to the mixture. At last add the caramel syrup and give a good mix.
6. Pre heat the oven to 180 degree, 10 minutes before baking. Transfer the mixture to the butter greased baking tray.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 -40 mins. Delicious caramel carrot cake is ready.