Aloo paratha is a very popular recipe in Punjab. Aloo paratha is a delicious, filling, tasty dish. It is prepared by stuffing spicy potato mixture in a wheat dough. Aloo paratha is a simply tasty without any side dish, but when we have it with pickle and curd, the taste will be awesome. It is very easy to prepare and it can be prepared with the ingredients available in home.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Wheat flour – 2 cup
Salt to taste
Warm water – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Green chili – 2, finely chopped
Boiled potato – 3, mashed
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Chat masala – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Cilantro – few
To prepare stuffing:
1. Boil the potatoes with a pinch of salt, peel the skin and mash it.
2. Heat oil in a pan, Saute onions till it turns translucent. Add green chilies, mashed potato and give a good mix.
3. Now add all the spice powders and enough amount of salt. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes and garnish with cilantro.
To prepare paratha dough:
1. Take Wheat flour, salt in a bowl. Add water little by little and start kneading the dough. Prepare a soft and smooth dough.
2. Cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes knead it again and divide it into small equal portions.
3. Roll the ball into small round and place the stuffing in the center and seal the edges and form it into a ball again.
4. Roll the stuffed ball into a medium round. Heat tawa and place the stuffed paratha and brush butter on both sides.
5. Cook on both sides till it turns golden brown color. Serve hot with pickle and curd.