Soya chunks are odorless and tasteless food item, but this unique food is high in nutritional and full of rich proteins. Soya chunks are also called as soya nuggets. Soya nuggets provides a good amount of vitamins, minerals,fiber and protein for growing children. It also contains high amount of fiber, it helps in loosing weight as well. But it is impossible to make our kids to eat this nutritional food, so thought of preparing a attractive snack. This is very easy to prepare and tasty with hot tea or coffee.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Puff pastry sheet - 1
Wheat flour - for dusting
Soya chunks - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Green chili - 1
Tomato - 1, chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 spring
Cilantro - few
Salt to taste
Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Take the sheets of puff pastry out and thaw them at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. Boil water with little amount of salt, add soya chunks in water for 2 minutes. Drain the water and squeeze excess of water.
3. Add these squeezed soya chunks in a mixer and grind it. Now shredded soya chunks is ready.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and onion, saute till it turns translucent. Add curry leaves and ginger garlic paste , saute till the raw smell leaves.
5. Now add green chili and tomato, saute till it turns mushy.
6. Add all the spice powders and Shredded soya chunks. Give a good mix.
7. Add salt and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, now the stuffing is ready.
8. Preheat the oven to 350F.
9.Lay out a puff pastry sheet on a floor and using a round cutter, cut round shapes in a sheet and stuff the soya chunk masala in the center and form it into a bundle shape.
10. Brush the butter on top of it. Place them on a greased tray and bake it for about 40 minutes.
11. Now soy bundle is ready, serve it with ketchup or green chutney.