Monday, December 14, 2015

Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli kheer / Sweet Vermicelli Pudding


Last Saturday afternoon, I thought of preparing a small veg feast for my family. My husband always like veg dishes especially the combination of sambar, Avial, Tomato Pachadi and Appalam. So i prepared all these dishes, moreover how it can be a feast without a dessert. I prepared my favorite Semiya payasam. It is the easiest dessert to prepare with awesome taste. I always prepare MTR vermicelli kheer mix which i like very much but this i tried on my own without any mix and it came out very well too. I hope you prepare this on any special occasions and enjoy with your family:-)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins

Ingredients:
Ghee - 4 tbsp
Cashews - few
Raisins - few
Vermicelli / Semiya -3/4 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Cardamom pods - 2
Sugar - 1 1/4 cup

Method:
1.Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, roast the cashews and raisins. Remove them from a pan and keep it aside.
2. In a same pan, roast the vermicelli / semiya for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup of boiled milk to it and allow the vermicelli to cook. 
4. When the vermicelli is cooked well, add another 1 1/2 cups of milk to it.
5. Add cardamom pods and sugar to the milk and cook in low flame for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. The milk will get reduced to certain amount. Now add the remaining ghee, roasted cashews, raisins and Saffron.
7. Give a good mix and switch off the flame. Serve hot or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment