Pav bhaji is a delicious fast food in India. It is one of the famous street foods in Mumbai. This recipe has lots of Indian flavors and spices. Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed spicy vegetables. Today we are going to see the recipe of paneer pav bhaji. This paneer pav bhaji is a treat for the people who love the taste of paneer. Try this in home and everyone in the family would love this.
There are 179 calories in 1 sering of pav bhaji. It consist of 0.51g of fat and 41.4 g of carbs. It also has 5.97g of protein.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Butter – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Onion – 1, chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 3, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala – ¾ tsp
Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Green bell pepper – 1, chopped
Potatoes – 3 (boiled and mashed)
Green peas – 1 cup (boiled)
Paneer/Cottage cheese – ½ cup, shredded
Pav buns – Toasted with butter
Chopped onion, green chili, cilantro for garnish
Salt to taste
Enough amount of water
1. Heat butter in a non-stick skillet. Temper with cumin seeds, Add onions and saute till it turns translucent.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies, Fry till the raw smell disappears. Add tomatoes and sautetill it turns mushy.
3. Add all the spice powders and fry till it mix well. Now add green bell pepper and saute for about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add the mashed potatoes, green peas and paneer and enough amount of water. Keep on stirring and let the masala simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
5. When done, garnish with cilantro. Serve with chopped onions, green chilies and lime.
6. Serve with butter toasted pav buns.