The yummy mouthwatering bread halwa is a quick sweet dish prepared from bread pieces and milk. It is extremely easy to prepare that even beginners can rock it. A melt in mouth dessert that is easy to make for any special occasion.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Bread – 8 slices
Ghee – ½ cup
Milk – 2 cup
Sugar – ½ cup + 3 tbsp
Almonds – few
Cashew nuts – few
Cardamom – 3
1. Cut the bread into tiny pieces. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed skillet.
2. Add the bread pieces and roast it to golden brown on a low heat.
3. Boil milk with sugar and add it to roasted bread. Put the flame to low and cook. Mash the bread as it becomes soft.
4. Fry few cashews and almonds in ghee and add to the halwa.
5. In a pan heat ghee, add 3 tbsp sugar and allow it to melt to form a caramel.
6. If you want you can add food color to it.
7. Add that caramel to the halwa and stir continuously till the oil oozes out.
8. Serve hot or refrigerate it and serve cold.