Today i am going to share the recipe of Unnakkaya, Sounds different right. Yeah, its a kind of banana roll traditionally prepare in kerala. It's a perfect dessert for any potluck or get together in home. Actual recipe instructs to follow deep frying of banana roll, but i did shallow fry to cut some calories without any change in taste. We all loved it and it becomes a instant hit among my friends. Try this in home and enjoy a healthy snack with your family.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time:10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Banana - 3
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Raisins, Almonds and cashews - few
Cardamom powder - few
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Step by step pics
Steam the bananas
Pic after steaming it
Heat ghee in a pan and fry the raisins, cashews and almonds
In the same pan, add coconut and fry
Fry till it becomes dry
Transfer coconut to a bowl
Add roasted cashews and raisins to it
Add sugar to it and mix well
Peel the skin
Mash the bananas
Take small portion in a palm
Put some coconut mixture in it
Cover the edges and roll it
Heat oil in a pan and fry it
Unnakkaya is ready
1. Cut the bananas into half and steam it with the skin. Remove the skin and mash the bananas to a smooth dough without adding water.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, fry the cashews and raisins till it turns golden brown.
3. Add shredded coconut and fry till it becomes dry. Add cardamom powder to it.
4. Transfer everything to a bowl and add sugar to it.
5. Take small amount of banana mixture in a palm . Put 1 tbsp of coconut mixture in it ,fold the edges and roll it.
6. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry it till the roll turns golden brown.