Onion is always available at home with little spices and besan, this recipe is easily prepared at snacks time with tea. The perfect Onion bajjis are crispy from outside and soft from inside. We can add baking soda in onion bajji batter, it makes the bhajji soft and fluffy.
Onions – 2
Gram flour/ Besan flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Chili powder – 3 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Baking soda – a pinch
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Oil – for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except onion and oil.
2. Slice Onions into thick slices.
2. Add water little by little and form a thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
4. Now dip the onion in a batter and drop pepper in oil and fry till golden.
5. Drain it in paper towel. Serve hot.