I wish Happy Holi 😄for everyone. Colors is the first word we remember when we hear the word Holi, Next comes the food. Especially thandai grabs special attention among drinks offered during Holi festival. This chilled, flavorful homemade thandai tastes heavenly and it is very easy to prepare.
Whole milk – 2 cups
Saffron – few
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – a pinch
Rosewater – 1 tsp
For Soaking and grinding:
Almonds – 20
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
Peppercorns – 10
1. Soak the ingredients given under “For Soaking and grinding” in water for 20 mins
2. Now peel off the almond skin and grind in the mixer with other soaked ingredients
3. Boil the milk with sugar, saffron and cardamom powder.
4. Switch off the stove and add the almond mixture with milk and allow it to sit in room temperature for 15 mins.
5. Now strain the milk off residue and add rose essence to milk.
6. Chill for 1 hour and serve chilled.